Effective from September 2023
Privacy and confidentiality are important concerns to us, EVAPCO SYSTEMS LMP, ULC (“EVAPCO LMP”). For this reason, EVAPCO LMP ensures that it implements effective control measures aimed at protecting the confidential nature of the personal information in its custody.
By accessing this Website or using our Services, you consent to the collection, use, disclosure and storage of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
Who is the Policy for?
· What is personal information?
This is any information which concerns a natural person and allows, separately or combined with other data, to identify them. This may include, for example, your name, email addresses, contact details and any similar information provided by EVAPCO LMP. Such information is not considered personal information when it is aggregated and cannot be associated with an identifiable individual.
· Sources of personal information
We collect personal information about you from:
- When you provide this information to us directly, and
- When personal information about you is automatically collected as part of your use of our services.
Third parties, when they provide us with personal information about you. Third parties who share your personal information with us include:
- Service providers. For example, we may use service providers to analyze how you interact and engage with our Website or services, or third parties may help us provide you with customer support.
Personal information you voluntarily provide
When you visit our Website and use our services, you may be asked to voluntarily provide us with certain personal information (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) so that we can communicate more easily with you and offer you the services you wish to obtain.
· Personal information automatically collected
By using our Website, you acknowledge that we use essential cookies and you consent to the use of non-essential cookies.
Purposes for which we collect personal information
EVAPCO LMP uses personal information collected about you for the following purposes:
- Respond or follow up on requests for online services, questions or comments you send to us;
- Personalize and improve your experience on our Website;
- Carry out analyzes and statistics on our audience, our customers and the use of our Services, in order to better understand the interests and preferences of our customers;
- Perform analyzes of user data in an aggregated and anonymous manner;
- Detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activities;
- Take any other action for which personal information was collected;
- For other purposes described in this Policy or permitted by law.
Tracking Information – EVAPCO LMP may use non-identifiable information about its users to create general tracking information reports regarding the demographics of users of the Website or our Services. This non-identifiable information is used for system and Website administration, to better understand your interests and to improve the site.
· Disclosure of personal information
We cannot communicate to a third party the personal information contained in the file we hold about you, unless you consent in writing or if the law provides for it (in the case of an investigation by judicial officers for example) . In particular, we may communicate to a third party the personal information contained in the file that we hold about you if this communication is made for the same purposes.
The sending of personal information concerning you outside EVAPCO LMP is then done in such a way as to ensure its confidentiality, even if you are the recipient.
Disclosures to Our Service Providers – We may also share your information with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers we employ for the purpose of performing tasks or rendering services on our behalf. These entities include, but are not limited to, website analytics companies (e.g. Google Analytics), business intelligence service providers, email service providers (e.g. Mailchimp).
Disclosure to Government Agencies — We may disclose personal information about you to government agencies that are authorized by law to obtain such information, or when EVAPCO LMP has reasonable grounds to believe that such information may be useful in connection with an investigation into illegal activity, or to comply with a subpoena, arrest warrant or order of a court, person or agency of competent jurisdiction requiring the production of information, or to to comply with the rules of a court regarding the production of records or information, or to protect the rights and property of EVAPCO LMP. Business Transaction – If EVAPCO LMP undergoes a merger or other restructuring, it may disclose your personal information to the organization resulting from such merger or other restructuring.
· Holding and security of personal information
Holding – The personal information that we hold about you is recorded in an electronic file whose objective is to allow you to benefit from the EVAPCO LMP service offering and additional services.
Security – We take and apply the necessary and appropriate security measures to ensure the confidential nature of the personal information in our possession, protect it against loss, destruction, theft, as well as against consultation, communication, reproduction, unauthorized use and modification. The personal information contained in the files is therefore only accessible to people who need to know it in the performance of their duties and who consult it only when necessary.
However, due to the nature of the Internet and related technologies, risks associated with security and confidentiality cannot be eliminated and EVAPCO LMP cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be disclosed in a manner contrary to the provisions of this Policy. Where possible, we ensure that the personal information contained in the file we hold about you is up to date before using it to make a decision that
Right of access, rectification and deletion
By contacting EVAPCO LMP at the “email@example.com” address, you can:
- Request access to your personal information and obtain information regarding the collection, use and disclosure by EVAPCO LMP of this information;
- Request to modify or update your personal information; And
- Request to delete your personal information.
· Subject to certain exceptions provided by law, you will be able to obtain reasonable access to the personal information that we hold about you and you will have the right to question the relevance and accuracy of this information and to have it amended need. You can help EVAPCO LMP maintain the accuracy of information about you by notifying EVAPCO LMP of any necessary changes. When you make a request to delete your personal information, it will be processed in accordance with applicable laws. Please note that EVAPCO LMP may still retain some of your personal information to comply with its legal and regulatory obligations or if it is still necessary for the purposes for which the company collected it.
· Refusal and withdrawal of consent
By contacting EVAPCO LMP at firstname.lastname@example.org, you can withdraw or modify your consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information or refuse to participate in certain uses and disclosures, subject to legal restrictions or contractual. If you refuse to provide us with your personal information or to give us the required consents regarding it, it may be impossible for us to do business with you or provide you with the services requested.
· How to join us
If you have a question, concern or complaint regarding the protection of your personal information or our practices in this area, you can contact the Personal Information Protection Officer by email at email@example.com. You can also contact us by mail at our head office:
970 Place Paul-Kane,
Mention your name and contact details, the nature of your request or complaint, and any other relevant information.
Communicate with the EVAPCO LMP team via our contact form.